Monday, July 11, 2005

She does what?

So Hurricane Dennis passed us by, which is great for us, but not so great for the Panhandle--which makes me feel really stupid and whiny about the next thing I am going to say...

I just found out that a girl I graduated from high school with has an awesome job in marketing and public relations in Dallas. Here is why this bothers me:

1. Once, while working on a project together, she corrected me and told me that tomorrow was actually spelled "tumorrow."

2. She got in a fight with one of her friends and when they made up, she was heard saying, "It's okay...it was just a misunderstandment." Apparently that's a word.

3. I am awful at math. Horrible. Got tested in college for it horrible. She did worse than I did in our remedial math class in high school.

4. She was also not very nice.

...and now she has a job I would love to have. So I'm sitting here eating peanut M&M's feeling sorry for myself. The truth is that I haven't done much to get myself out of this rut. I'll search for jobs but I pretty much stop there. Fear of rejection is no fun. I just need to realize that a job is not going to fall in my lap.

No comments: