Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Little Rock...again

Again, as in the third time in about 5 years. I know it doesn't affect me that much because I won't be moving with them, but it breaks my heart for my little sisters. My parents let me finish my high school years in one place (which was Little Rock) but Maggie (who is 14 going on 21) is having to leave after her freshman year.

She loves her school. She loves her friends. She loves Tampa. I liked Little Rock because I was there for about 7 years but Mags has tasted the beaches and almost constant sunshine of Florida, and she's not happy about going to a city where it doesn't snow, it just ices over.

I also know she's afraid of something else. She's popular at her school. She's quite the social butterfly. I know that she is terrified of being an outsider. She knows some girls from the other times we lived in the Rock, but people change. She met up with one of them and it did not go well. I admit it even though it sounds shallow, it must be scary to go from being well-liked to no one really knowing you. I didn't have this problem...I was kind of a nerd. (shocker!)

I can relate to the feeling well after moving so much. Going to a new school, praying to God that someone would be your friend, etc...

And we all know how bitchy high school girls can be. At one point or another all of us were.

Clare will be okay, she's only 6, but she's got the best group of buddies on our block. Her best friend is a little boy named Logan, and they are already crying about how much they'll miss each other.

So, to conclude my epic novel...

I know it's not the end of the world. I know Maggie will be okay. I know Clare will be okay. They make friends very fast. But they are my girls, and I hate to see them sad.

Oh, and Tropical Storm Cindy, please don't knock my power out/flood my house/be a pain in the arse.

Thank you.

No comments: